Exterior living wall for new Costa drive-thru in Ashton-Under-Lyne
- We designed and installed this 9m² exterior living wall at the Costa Coffee store
- Including suggesting a planting scheme for review by landscape architects
- It features a leafy plants for the evergreen living wall
- It’s fitted with an irrigation system for automatic watering
Inleaf were approached by a construction company who needed advice on installing an exterior living wall at a new Costa drive-thru in Ashton-Under-Lyne.
The drive-thru was a new building added to the centre of the car park of a well-established retail park. The architect’s plans had included the living wall, but the construction company didn’t have the expertise to install it.
We spoke to the contractors over a number of months on a consultancy basis about what would be required structurally for the wall, and which plants would be best to include.
Once we received the go-ahead to install the 9m² living wall, we set about designing the planting scheme which was reviewed by landscape architects.
The leafy plants we used to create the living wall were:
• Shade loving heuchera with its vibrant shades
• Hedera helix, an evergreen climbing plant
• Dark green leaves of the compact and dense Carex Silver Sceptre
• Alchemilla mollis, or Lady’s Mantle, with its fan shaped leaves
• Creamy yellow sword shaped leaves of Acorus gramineus
• Liriope muscari, a neat, low grassy foliage
• The tough and low maintenance Vinca minor
The living wall has a plant irrigation system and is also maintained by Inleaf on a regular basis. It took just a couple of days to install the wall which now provides an aesthetic focal point of greenery at the centre of the concrete car park.
Got a project in mind?
We’re here to help.
Fill in the form below and one of our team will get in touch.
A member of our team will be in touch within one working day (but usually much sooner).
You’ll also get an automated email from us to confirm we’ve received your enquiry – with a link to our brochure for you to skim through.
When we contact you, we’ll answer your questions, then, if you’d like to proceed, we’ll arrange to come and see you for your free design consultation and site survey — to discuss your requirements in more detail.
In the meantime...
Why not follow us on social media?